Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Before and After: Mid-Century Modern nightstand from the Goodwill!

Here's another one for you folks!

I found this Mid-century Modern (thats "Mad Men" style for the fans out there...)nightstand at the Goodwill and it was missing a tag! (my favorite!) The manager gave it to me for $11.00!! What a steal!
Of course... it was in horrible condition... chipping paint... no hardware... It needed some TLC...
But for $11 how could i resist!?

I stripped it and sanded it down then primed it-painted it extra glossy black then handpainted the inside a Caribbean blue/turquoise color.
BUT THATS NOT ALL FOLKS!
my favorite feature... (drum roll please.....)
The fabric lined drawers!!!
Cute huh!
Then i added the handle. It came from a dresser that I am also refinishing and wanted to give a more modern look to. (so no need for these vintage looking handles!!.. but perfect for our nightstand!)

and thats that! a "brand new" mid-century modern nightstand with a vintage twist...
and a great addition to my bedroom!



2 comments:

  1. i heart mid century anything! my mouth is watering looking at the finished project. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just found your blog through a "painted side table" Google search and I love this makeover- it's very similar to one I did a couple months ago.

    http://www.mysocalledhome.com/2011/02/from-unique-to-chic_25.html

    I'm your new Follower :)

    ReplyDelete